Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Street Performances, Political Protests and Cultural Diplomacy

Please check out my premiere blog on the USC Center on Public Diplomacy's Blog (CPD Blog)


STREET PERFORMANCES, POLITICAL PROTEST AND CULTURAL DIPLOMACY
JUL 21, 2010 Posted by Naomi Leight
All posts by Naomi Leight


This past weekend, I had the privilege of attending a performance at the California International Theatre Festival in Calabasas. The annual festival offers an array of presentations meant to broaden “cultural understanding by means of community outreach, student training and cultural exchange through the performing arts”. As a whole, the festival is an excellent example of cultural diplomacy towards American audiences as presented by various countries such as China, Ireland, Canada and Mexico, among others. The play I attended was the most engaging and powerful work of art I have ever experienced. Stones, or Anavim, was created and performed by…... Full Text

- - - - - -
More blogging to come now that I'm back in the States and settling in to my new working professional life. I'll share some stories soon about SE Asia and my latest Los Angeles adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment